• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 Crop Tool not respecting exact sizes using W x H x Resolution

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite new to Photoshop and trying to set a preset on the Crop Tool to crop a series of images to the exact same size each time.  The image is an imported page of a pdf document.  I am using a macbook pro.

I have reset the Crop Tool.  When I choose W x H x Resolution from the drop down and choose a width of 3000 px and height 1700 px and resolution 300 ppi the crop box is at a random size that is different.  The width is usually the same as the original width of the Image and the height is some random height that is not what I entered.  I tried clearing with the clear button and still no luck.  I also saved presets at the desired crop size and when I select it again the crop box is not the correct size.  I can see the size by dragging the edges of the box and resizing manually to the correct size but that is tedious.  Am I doing something wrong or is the W x H x Resolution exact size entry broken for crop tool?  My photoshop is up to date.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Colin Smith tutorial explains all: https://photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/crop-photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to crop to actual 3000x1700px? Crop tool won't do that by default, use Marguee with Style > Fixed Size > enter exact pixel dimensions then click on image. After selecting actual pixels click on C to activate the Crop tool which will accept selection and crop or use Image > Crop.

fixed size marguee.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. Except I am using a fixed size marquee set to pixel width and height. PS keeps cropping the image with extra width. For instance, I have a marquee set to 600x900, chooose Crop and end up with an image of 620x900. This only began happening recently. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same exact thing is happening to me, I don't know why or how to fix it. I believe it started with the 2023 or 2024 version. Seems to happen on macOS but not on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines