Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop 2023 - Disappearing Layers and other Inexplicable Effects

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Photoshop 2023 on my Macbook Pro (Ventura OS), and am encountering just baffling problems with using it.

The worst issue at the moment is when I am working with an image with multiple layers and doing edits, such as cropping, using neural filters, masks (it doesn't seem to matter what specific action I am doing), I find that the project suddenly seems to have "lost" layers. The current file I am working on has two image layers and two different adjustment layers. Suddenly, I have ONLY the adjustment layers in the file. I can't even find the image layers anywhere in the layers panel.

Something similar occurred when I was cropping an image. For a time, I could only see and access the image preview and nothing else. I was no longer working with the crop tool.

My verison of PS is up to date as of today, 11/24/22.

Needless to say, I am currently finding Photohsop 2023 impossible to work with.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Thlayle I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with Photoshop 2023. You shouldn't be losing any layers, that's for sure.

There could be a few things going on with your particular system. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Do you see all green checks under Help > GPU Compatibility? Are your drivers up to date? Some other steps to try include checking “Deactivate Native Canvas” in Preferences under Technology Previews and / or resetting your Preferences. If you roll back to 23.5.3 are you stable there? That might be the best solution. Otherwise, please go to Help > System Info, click Copy, and then paste the text into a reply here and we'll take a look to see if we can figure out what's going on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines