• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 instant close

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Photoshop, it does the load in and then the program just auto-closes before it opens up. Doesn't even produce a crash report. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still doing it. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exactly are your computer system specs, try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Also are your PC drivers up to date, especially the GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. I went to an older version for a bit and that worked for a while then it started to instant crash too. It doesn't remain open long enough to touch preferences. It legit opens sits a second, can't click anything then it closes out. No crash report, no signals, no anything. 

Device name Creed-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paradox Media 01 how much free HD space is available on the C: drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

117 Gigs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Paradox Media 01 did you remove the preferences manually from the links @Ged_Traynor gave? Uninstalling and reinstalling does not automatically remove prefernces so if they've corrupted it could persist even with a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I cleared that. It opened in a different way because it used to open on monitor 2 and it reset to default. It still opened all the way up then instantly closed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Paradox Media 01 how much free HD space do you currently have?

What Graphics cards do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my own issue. It was the auto recovery. I guess it didn't like it? I moved it out of the folder and it didn't close automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paradox Media 01 "I fixed my own issue. It was the auto recovery. I guess it didn't like it? I moved it out of the folder and it didn't close automatically."

Just for completeness (someone else may find your solution helpful) you wrote "I moved it out of the folder"

What are you referring to please by "it"

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The auto-recovery files. Obviously lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines