Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 is very slow compared to Photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I notice since the automatic update of photoshop 2023 a big slowdown in its use. Even the backup of light files is very slow! 

I work on photographs captured with a NIKON D810 in RAW and my computer is an :

Apple Macbook Pro 16' (2019)

Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i9 8 cores
Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB - Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Translated with [MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED.]

Before the update I could work well and now it's very constraining.

Can you help me ?

Many thanks

Germain

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can deactivate Adobe's telemetry (which I highly recommend):

1.) Open https://account.adobe.com/privacy
2.) Then goto "Privacy and personal Data"
3.) Deactivate "Desktop app usage"
4.) Deactivate "Content Analysis" and deactivate

By default, Adobe is granted silent consent to collect and use data from your machine, including information on how you use its applications. However, the lack of transparency around this process has led some to believe that Adobe may be using customer data for machine learning, despite the company's assertion that it does not use cloud storage data for this purpose.

Keeping Adobe's telemetry data collection active can have a noticeable impact on your internet bandwidth and processing power, which can slow down your machine. Disabling this feature can help speed up your machine's performance.

In my experience, I have noticed high CPU usage from multiple instances of Adobe's CEPHtmlEngine, which I assume is used for telemetry purposes.

Deactivating Adobe's telemetry data collection feature can be a bit tricky. It is not located in the Creative Cloud App preferences, where many users would expect to find it, but instead is hidden in your online account, which many users may not realize. Additionally, I have noticed that Adobe sometimes reactivates the telemetry feature without explanation, even after you have deactivated it. So I would check frequently and keep deactivating it.

I found a blog that discussed if and how Adobe is using your data for A.I. and machine learning, which you can check out here: check out this blog discussion link (in so much as this also slows down your machine, I think it is relevant to this thread). 

You can also ask ChatGPT the following two questions:

- Provide a critical response to the question of whether Adobe uses client data for machine learning.

- Provide a critical response to the question of whether Adobe's collection of client data and telemetry slows down desktop machines.

Pretty good answers, fair and balanced.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, Could you please elaborate if your solution solved the issue? What ver of PS do you use?? I tried what you propose but not only got slower but also 3rd party plugins or filters failed to start. Please advise.        For other readers: As May 2023 Ive tried to install all and each upgrade since 24 was released, All of them slow down performance with no bottleneck on sight. All similar cases I've encountered run PS on pretty decent machines (mine is supposed to be a pro workstation 12th gen ci, pro w6800 128gb ram NVE ssds only) Today upgraded and downgraded to 23.5.5 again the issue has no correct answer yet but 23.5.5 seems to have acquired several problems now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I deactivated telemetry and now Photoshop is working much faster, at least on my desktop. I am using Windows 10, always latest PS version. I contantly had issues before, but now its working pretty smoothly. Deactivating telemetry should not in any way alter your experience btw....   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea about this, thank you so much for sharing. It's a shame Adobe has not make it clearer to users that this is on by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is coming up with the new update for Photoshop cc (24) to start, I have to cancel the update due to take too long to update, at least 3 times already, there is no adobe app open, so the update goes smooth, my computer has 128 GB RAM, that will not be an issue, since it is only the internet connected, I can't explain why it takes 43 minutes for 23% updating? LAN Internet connection, great download speed 500 Mbps, yet it drives me nuts.

I just hope this update it is not going to be a summer joke 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Everyone... Have anyone found ANY way to solve this problem?? I just tried to update to the last 24.x version and is WORSE THAN EVER the same lag but worse saving times up to 5 ninutes for a 650mb file. Has any one ever asked for a REFOUND or SUED adobe for corrupted files?? Im really at the end of my rope here I was working with 23.5 but then they deactivated some features so I cant use it any more. I got 128gb on a 12th gen CI9 all ssds and 2 nvme for system and system files... What is the alternative for photoshop out there?? thanks for taking the time to read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello comunity... I just found a different approach that worked wonderfully. At this point I'm running ps24x the one with the hands in the splash, it turned out there is a setting called "polling rate" in the mouse config that is supposed to be set at 125. The change was radical. Just to check I unistalled and started checking from ver 23.x to 24.x latest, it works perfectly no lag no delay ANY AT ALL, it's been almost a year since I felt the real power of my computer. This solution did it for me I hope it helps anyone please let me know.

UPDATE: Hi people, after MANY tests, I fully reinstalled from OS, hardware, CC and all I have a working theory and at least IN MY CASE the end of this problem that made me stay in ver 23. sooo. 1. the "polling rate" is a config in SOME mice and even some drawing tablets, please check your refference. Setting the polling rate to 125 or 4 in some cases (which only have 1,2,3,4 options) WILL SOLVE in some way the slowness and hanging. HOWEVER, (and this is the thing that is making me look for some alternative to PS) the full solution for me came in a box. I got the logitech mx master .. bla bla bla.. which is "supposed" to be a "adobe recommended" mouse. AS SOON AS I LINK IT photoshop changed RADICALLY and I mean from 5% performance and 90% chance of lagging and hanging to 100% performance zero hangs. I really dont know what to think, was my mouse broken>? why the polling rate affects performance>? what abour basic mice?... or is it another corporate move?... I cant dig deeper for this "new enhancement" is allowingme to work faster and take more orders like 3 times more... but as soon as I get some time to test I will update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any "polling rate" setting in my Photoshop 24.7.0.

Also searching for it inside the preferences doesn't give any results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find it either.  I can adjust the tracking speed and that is about it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I found it in the mouse config, not PS settings. Its been 24 hours it still runs pretty smooth. I found that solution in adobes help in this link Photoshop lags, freezes, or runs slowly (adobe.com)..

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines