Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop 2023 Mac - Auto Recover not working

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that if Photoshop crashed, when I restarted the file I was working on would reopen with the changes I had made until just before. The recovery option in the Preferences in fact allows you to choose every how many minutes to save a safety backup.
But in version for Mac 24.0.1 this does not happen, and there is no Auto Recover folder in 

Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2023/

Do you know if this is a bug or if some other option needs to be enabled?

I tried in version 23.5.3 (2022), it works and the Auto Recover folder exists in the 2022 directory.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Trystero, you are right that Photoshop automatically stores crash recovery information based on what intervals you set in Preferences. If you experience a crash, Photoshop recovers your work when you restart it. The AutoRecover folder may or may not have any files in it after a crash. If it didn't automatically open (recover) when you first restarted, it's not likely to be saved or found.

That's why saving files manually (or via Time Machine or similar app) in regular intervals is a better practice, since Auto Recover is not the same as saving your file. I am using Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.1 Release. The folder is there for me. I don't know why macOS would be different but perhaps another user will give you more guidance.

JEL_1-1669502811746.png

Curious to know if under File Handling, in File Saving Options, is your Default File Location set to “On your computer” or “Creative Cloud.”

JEL_1-1669503506448.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines