• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 won't open files and then crashes

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a file using Photoshop 2023 nothing happens and then the program crashes. Watch here:

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c36uc7Vu0bR

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC user having same problem,  Photoshop goes thru setup and crashes and unresponsive. Have to do a force quite to close it

any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brian25503593wzdn, sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting or the steps suggested above?

What is the exact version of the application? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled plugins,
Reinstalled 3 times, going back to 23.5.3. it starts up thru the main screens, and when it gets to " new window" freezes and have to use task manager to quit... we use an enterprise copy thru whitecap. I did not want to go thru our IT because on something they are clueless..

Personal information removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!!!

after reinsttalling 3 x finally held down aalt shift ctrl and delete preference, worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally the same problem, I don't have any means to deal with pics now. Even create a new file doesn't work at all. 

I want my 2022 version back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exacrtly same problems. PS won't open any file, cannot create any file. Cannot select any tabs or even 'preferences' to turn anything off/on. Tried opening a psd file, nothing. If i cycle apps, the photoshop window doesn't come forward. It's a zombie. Ridiculous! Can't do anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple fix   On startup hold down for window control alt shift  
A dialogue box will show up asking if u want to delete ur preference file  (Yes)  Dont worry it will crrate a new one  
After that u should be fine  This will aslo work for in design and acrobat  
For some reason adobe preference wil get corrupted  Not sure why  But this will fix it  
It has been the same since CS1  
If  u want to search and look up " key combo to delete adobe preference file on startup "  I am not a mac user currently and forget the combo  But it will work as well  

Btw do not listen to people who tell you to reinstall uninstall etc etc  this will work   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This actually worked for me, thanks for this! I started getting this error after a power blackout and I was unable to import, open and I couldn't even close the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines