• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 won't open RAW file on Mac Ventura through Google File Stream

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open RAW images on Photoshop 2023 by opening through the Google Drive app on Mac OS Ventura. 

The error "Cannot open due to disk error" keeps popping up. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Google Drive, Photoshop, Bridge, and Camera Raw. Everything is updated with Full Disk Access approvals. The issue started yesterday but I could use everything 5 days ago just fine.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thu247070134uo0 sorry to hear this. It has been an issue in the past with opening/saving files in Ps from a Google drive:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/opening-files-from-google-drive/m-p/9...

but you say it has worked well for you until about 5 days ago?  What has changed in your OS or other changes since then?

Are local files working as expected, it is just Google Drive issue?  Have you checked the Google forums to see if there is some known recent change?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall seeing another post, but I can't find it, that said the recent update from Google was also causing them issues opening other files - not specifically RAW.

What happens if you drag out of Google Drive and onto your local - does it open fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything worked fine last Thursday. There have been no updates as far as I know. I've tried to open local RAW files & have had no response from Photoshop as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @Thu247070134uo0 

You say you can't open any RAW files, even locally?  

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Synology NAS, where logoically, all massive volumes of my very large RAW images are stored.

Now I can't open them.

I get the message that the file cannot open due to a disk error.

Can you tell me please what "disk error" I need to resolve? Or if this even is a disk error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shanep66323295 what OS are you running? Did you do any recent updates?

What happens if you drag local and try to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to Ventura.

Dragging to local and opening works. It works sporradically on network if I keep trying.

But I don't want to copy my workload to my onboard drive, edit, and then copy back to the NAS.

That feels like 1997. It all worked pretty well before Ventura turned my 27" mac into a 27" iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shanep66323295 what format is your NAS? Ex Fat (windows) or Mac OS Journal Extended?

Ventura has increased the restrictions on external drives requiring users to reformat to a Mac-compatible format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a mixed computer environment on the Synology. Reformatting to Mac SO journaled sounds like a permission mismatch nightmare.

I'll probably be migrating away from macs soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines