• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2024 and Canon Print Studio Pro

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop 2024 I lost Canon Print Studio Pro from the Photoshop menu File-Automate. Anyone know of a solution?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this thread can help something Solved: Since PS 24 update Canon Print Studio Pro not work... - Adobe Support Community - 13412719

I guess you must move some files or copy paste them in correct place. It actually appears that plugin needs update to work with Ps 24 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this the right location?

Don't see .ppl

Screen Shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I'm afraid PSP might indeed need an update because I think I had to use the method in that link after an earlier Photoshop update. I looked at it this time, but unlike Photoshop 2023, I have no folder for Photoshop 2024, so I can't copy the plugin there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use print studio pro and today found the updated photoshop 24 had removed the plug in.  I just closed photoshop out then went to PSP in applications folder.  Click on the the Plug-In Install again.  When it asked where you want to install the plug-in just choose the applications folder again and select Photoshop 24 Plug-ins folder and install.  After installation reopen Photoshop and hopefully you find it back under automations.  It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I don't have a folder for Photoshop 24, like I do for Photoshop 23.

7esiwnod9_1-1695404551001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not computer savvy enough to know where to find the Plug In folder (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a half dozen plug ins folders. I finally found the one where I needed to copy the plug in into. The plug in does still work, but losing my plugins (and whatever else) because of updates is a frustrating time consuming waste. If it wasn't for camera raw capabilty I would still be using an older non-subscription version of LR and PS. As it is, I'm paying a monthly fee to have my workflow interrupted after updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find the Plug-in Folder and copy the Canon Print Studio Pro files to Photoshop 2024. But they are not showing up anywhere when I open PS. My solution thusfar is to keep a copy of PS 2021 specifically for printing using CPSP, but I realize that will become obsolete at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Mac M1 user running Photoshop 2024]

I was beating my head against a wall on this one, too.  I tried moving/renaming plugin folders, installing/uninstalling/reinstalling, yada, yada, yada... the same grief we go through every time that Adobe/Canon updates anything.

It turns out that the issue in this case is that the Canon plugin just flat-out does not work unless Photoshop is running under Rosetta.  

Navigate to your Photoshop app (usually /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2024/Adobe Photoshop 2024.app).  Right click; select Get Info.  Check the "Open using Rosetta" box.  Reopen Photoshop, and suddenly it's magically working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with this "fix".  After installing Photoshop Elements 2024, it was missing the Print Studio Pro (PSP) automation tool, and doing the normal PSP install did not fix it.  I had to manually re-install PSP by clicking on PSETUP.EXE in the "C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro" folder.  It complained that I didn't have a supported version of Photoshop but let me continue anyway.  I indicated the proper location for the plugin, in my case it is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2024\Plug-Ins".  Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines