• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.2 Not doing anything after clicking "Save As" or "Save" on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the latest version of PS: 21.1.2 on a Macbook Pro 2018.

I cannot save my 2.69 GB document for some reason anymore. I initially opened the PSD file, made some edits in PS, then resaved it, and was given an error related to the document size, I believe. I have never received this error before. So when this happened, I then tried to save the file as a PSB since that file type supports large files. However, when I went to click "Save As" or "Save", photoshop literally did nothing and still is not doing anything... so I am not sure how to go about saving my file. I am not sure what to do or why it is doing this. All I want to do is save my file, close photoshop, and eject my external hard drive. I do not want to lose the work I made on the file. Also, I checked and I can not create new files on Photoshop either.

May someone please help me out?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop while trying to save your work. Would you mind sharing macOS version you are using? Have you tried using the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl/Command + S to check if that helps? Are you able to access the export options like Export As or Save for Web if you go to File > Export?

Please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You may want to backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I am on a mac, running Monterey, Version 12.0.1, and photoshop version 23.0.1

I cannot save or save as anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kelenakim it is not the same issue: it is a Monterey bug when you have several screens: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines