• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2 freezing and then crashing while painting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had this problem since 21.1.2, whenever I'm painting ni PS it freezes and crashes at seemingly random times.

And it's not just once or twice, I literally can't go a painting session without PS crashing more often that I've ever experienced. Last week I painted for 4h and I counted 15 crashes in total. I have no idea why this is happening and I haven't found any other person on the internet with similar problems to mine.

I have found some kind of weird connection to the crashes with the pipette tool, that whenever I've used the pipette to change the colour of my brushstrokes and start painting it pretty much crashes directly afterwards. However even though I've noticed that's the most usual fault it's not always the case and doesn't have to be the reason for a crash.

I've found some posts saying that plugins could be the fault for most crashes but I don't have any plugins for PS at all. Some say it could be that you have too many brushes in the program but I need all of mine for my painting and I don't see why this newer version of PS shouldn't be able to take the same amount of brushes that I've always used.

Please please I desperately need help with this.

EDIT:

So the freezes and crashes hasn't stopped but I've found a strange connection to them. It isn't just the pipette tool that makes the program crash. It's whenever I switch between ANY tool and go back to the Brush tool to paint when the program freezes and crashes.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @3.10Hz 3.10 GHz

RAM 16,0 GB

Windows 10 64bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I'm having regular freezes/crashes here too when brushing on 21.1.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update on a macbook pro 2019. Mine freezes while using the brush. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour or two. So frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2021 and Photoshop crashes my PC (Widows 10), not just the app. This happens when I paint, save, open a file. 

I can't use it properly. My specs are above the minimum requirements as well so on paper there should be no issues (32GB RAM as well).

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cannot crash a modern OS. 

RAM, low-level drivers, … could be the actual culprit/s but it may be quite tiresome to figure that out. 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that does not work.

I have 32GB of RAM though, surely that meets the requirements. Also my drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is irrelevant. 

One of the RAM elements may be faulty, the drivers might have bugs no matter whether they are »up to date«, … 

An application like Photoshop cannot crash a modern OS, but it may reveal a flaw in another component. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, I dont think it is specs because i have a Intel i9 12900K, GTX3080ti and 64GB RAM. 

Would really appreciate Adobe looking into this, just got a new machine as I was having huge issues with Mac OS Big Sur and Illustrator, really annoying to still have issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, crashes are never fun! @Michael25656260r5mo  please share your system info, and did you send a crash log to the team?

sys info: please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.
If your post disappears, do not repost it, as it might need to be approved by a moderator. As an alternative you can save it to a .txt file on your computer and attach it on your answer via the forum. (attachments do not post from e-mail)

Crash log: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines