• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2 UI scaling is broken

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version 21.2 UI scaling seems not working in Windows 10.  

Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem :asd even on simple small files :asd it's look like "teering", but did not take place in old version ... so it's for sure software issu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.1 still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows 10 the UI Scaling scales photoshop according to the settings of windows 10 scaling, so

on windows 10 the 100 and 200% settings under UI Scaling have no effect by design.

In other words, in windows, if you go to windows Display Settings and under Scale and layout you set the size of text apps,etc to something greater than 100%, then photoshop will scale it's own UI accordingly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then UI Scaling setting in Photoshop preference should override the OS scaling.  There are three options in UI scaling setting; auto, 100%, and 200%.  Auto should be the one that scales photoshop UI according to the setting of Windows 10, and either of 100% and 200% should override the OS setting.  This is how Lightroom CC works, too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should, but it doesn't.

The reason it's there is for older operating systems. Automatic scaling was supported from a certain Windows 10 version (can't recall which), and on these new Win 10 systems 100% and 200% in preferences have no effect. It's all set in Windows, in 25% increments.

Older Windows versions (7, 8 and early 10) don't support this, and then you need to use the 100/200% options. They work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it not an option to scale OS independent no matter if it's Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, MacOS, Linux or any other OS. There should just be a slider that let's everyone adjust the size of the app to their liking. The option to automatically adjust to the OS should of course also be there but that's what options are for.

I don't want to adjust my Windows DPI scaling just for photoshop while every other app on my system is smart enough to scale itself. Changing Windows DPI scaling to anything than 100% introduces way too many issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was always a question of Windows support. There was huge public demand for UI scaling in smaller increments, but Windows didn't initially support it. Finally, with a certain Windows 10 version update, they could implement the current solution.

Photoshop is a special case because it needs to scale the UI, but not the image window. That sets it apart from almost any other application, which can just scale up the whole application window in one go. With e.g. Illustrator or InDesign this was never a problem, but Photoshop needs a much more advanced solution. That's why it took longer, and still has slightly less flexibility than other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL yeah a very very special case... oh wait web browsers.  Office Documents.  Shoot, just about any program that operates on multiple documents scales the content independently from the UI. 

🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I'm here becuase Adobe apparently doesn't cater to people running 4k on a 42" monitor.  The UI is way too small and it is negligence to not have a manual override and absurd to defend the current state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's highly obstructive, so any compromise feels unreasonable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense. Introduce app specific scaling please, independant of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow. Why would you need UI scaling in Photoshop that is different from all your other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need UI scaling in Photoshop because I don't want to squint to see stuff on my 2560x1440 screen. And I don't want to scale up EVERYTHING on my computer to scale up Photoshop. Is this still not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines