• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2120 crashes completely randomly

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS2021 on a 1 year old iMac with 96G RAM. This should not be happening, but every day, several times a day, Photoshop just blinks out of existance. No warning, no error message. The cause is different every time. Sometimes it quits when it's just sitting idle in the background. Sometimes it recoverd the work I'm doing, sometimes it doesn't. I send in error reports every time, but it feels like a useless effort. I'd love to know if anyone else is having issues like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are sorry to hear you are having this trouble! Have you updated to the latest version of 2021? Also, have you checked to see if your mac and os is compatible with the version of Photoshop you are using? Here is some information that may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

Also, have you checked to make sure that your Graphics Card is compatible with this version of PS? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if either of these help?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the cut and paste answer. Yes, I am running the most current version of Photoshop. This problem has been persisting across versions. Yes my Mac is compatiblel I am running macOS Big Sur 11.4 on a 2019 iMac with a 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with 96G of RAM. I am using a Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB graphics card. This is all pretty good stuff, and should have no problem running your software.

None of the errors listed under Big Sur are anything to do with what I'm experiencing. Like I said, the program is crashing completely at random on random tasks or on no task at all. I've been logging all my error reports with this email address. Have a look.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the feedback.

I wish I had a solution for you, but unfortunately, I don't. But I would like to recommend that you submit the data that you've collected in the following form. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

This will help the engineers get the problem fixed.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't this what happens when I send in error reports? Or do those just go straight into the trash bin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines