Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0.0 stuck 0% while saving any type of format

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Working on a PSD (Photoshop 22.0.0 on WIN10) file after few minitues adding adjustment layer (curves, levels, etc.) start having some issues:

1.  The image doesn't update to changes (switching off/on layer or teaking adjustment layers) unless I do a quick zoom in/out.
  2. After the issue n.1 comes out, if I try to save any type of format (PSD, PSB, JPG, etc.) the saving process stucks at 0% while Photoshop creating a temporary file caled ps1FF7.tmp in the same folder of the PSD file.

This issue started after I've updated from version 19.0.something  to version 22.0  

I've tried to downgrade the to version 20.0 but the problem still persists.

Can you please help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

I've unistalled Photoshop (all versions) and I've deleted all the PS folders withinin the AppData folder and the "Regedit" system files, then I've re-installed the version of PS that was causing problems.

After a couple of not super-intense working days, at the moment I haven't expierenced the issue again, but for the moment I wouldn't say it too loud!!!! 😔😔😔😔

I will keep u updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the issue experienced with Photoshop. Since when are you noticing this? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please try and update Photoshop to the latest version, 23.1.1 and see if this helps?

We're here to help; we need some info.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to version 23.1.1
Currently testing, I will keep u updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still persisting on version 23.1.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Can you check with PS version 23.2 and let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem of 0% seems solved but i still need to test heavy PSD/PSB files to check if it's still in.

Yesterday instead the PSD file I was working crashed after adding couple of courves adjustment layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's going on after the latest update to 23.2 version after opening an old file saved with version 22.0

marcop14363030_0-1645112602310.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to where? Internal drive, external drive, what interface, network?

Are you running out of scratch disk space perhaps? How much do you have? How big is the file?

Then tmp file is normal. That's Photoshop's "safe saving" process - the new file is written first, integrity checked, then the old file is deleted and the new renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm saving the file into a network but the problem psrsists even if I save in my local SSD.

here is the free space for the scratch disk:

marcop14363030_0-1645113988682.png

The file is a PSD roughly 900MB big

Here is the GPU specs:

marcop14363030_1-1645114136933.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've unistalled Photoshop (all versions) and I've deleted all the PS folders withinin the AppData folder and the "Regedit" system files, then I've re-installed the version of PS that was causing problems.

After a couple of not super-intense working days, at the moment I haven't expierenced the issue again, but for the moment I wouldn't say it too loud!!!! 😔😔😔😔

I will keep u updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems working for me too! 

I will let you know in case the issue comes back again

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines