Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 22.3.1 has no option to render to video

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently update Photoshop to 22.3.1 and my render to video options are gone. Not grayed out but non existent. If I go to render image sequence there's no more option for video formats either.  Haven't seen a lot of posting about this so I'm wondering if there is something wrong on my end. I was able to resovle the issue by reverting back a few versions but it is a persistent issue with the most up to date version. It's annoying to have to revert everytime, I need to export a lot of frame animations to video for my job.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro M1 2020 Big Sur 11.2.3

If anyone has a fix for this or has had this issue before let me know!

Thanks

-MassimoScreen Shot 2021-04-13 at 1.37.28 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021
Hey! I had this same issue. I did a lot of googling to figure it out because I've never owned a Mac before.  Because you've got a new Mac, it all comes down to them switching to Apple Silicon Chips, and Adobe not up to speed.  Basically your Photoshop is running in universal mode (the faster Apple Chip mode) rather than Intel (the slower Intel chip mode, but gives you all your options). So to solve you need to run Photoshop as Rosetta. I actually had to ask support how to do this. Exit Photoshop...

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice in your screenshot that there is a "render image sequence" option (the last one in the menu), which is available in the Render Video window up to 22.3. Have you checked if by any chance this is now the default tool, with an option in that window to create video files?

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had this same issue. I did a lot of googling to figure it out because I've never owned a Mac before.  Because you've got a new Mac, it all comes down to them switching to Apple Silicon Chips, and Adobe not up to speed.  Basically your Photoshop is running in universal mode (the faster Apple Chip mode) rather than Intel (the slower Intel chip mode, but gives you all your options).

So to solve you need to run Photoshop as Rosetta. I actually had to ask support how to do this. Exit Photoshop, go into your application folder and find Photoshops folder, right click on the Photoshop application in the folder, click on get info, in that there will be an option that says Run in Rosetta. Check that and then restart Photoshop, and you should have your render as a video button. It worked for me. It will run slower, but you can toggle back and forth between versions if you're doing something quick and don't need that button.  Here is a link and explains some of the things missing

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Will look into this solution now!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! This was so helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this solution works!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god, thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU! This change to M1 with Adobe has been ROUGH to say the very least. This solution helped me just keep working finally. I just wish we didnt have to take time out to be googling this shiz to begin with. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need to chime in and say a HUGE thank you for this answer!!! I just spent two days googling how to make a gif, and every single instructions said to "render to video" - easy as that!!! But mine didn't have that option, and this was the first thing I've found in TWO DAYS of searching, and it worked!!! THANK YOU!!!! *sobbing quietly into my computer, wishing I had my own IT department* 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated. I guess "the first batch of cookies never comes out right."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! Can confirm that this does the trick

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blc2021, you deserve the nobel prize for this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much wasted time. Thank you for your solution!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it worked for me!! The render video option was there for days. However, now it's missing again with the only option as "render image sequence" and when I check it still has Rosetta selected. Any idea why this happened? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened the same to me. It worked for a few days then it disappeard. Were you able to find a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
16 hours ago 16 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works. Fab! Thank you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a Mac issue not an Issue on a PC.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on an M1 Mac and my Render to Video option has completely disappeared. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just posted a solution for your issue in this thread. You just need need to run Photoshop in Rosetta.  I explain how along with a link explaining the issues related to the problem.  I hope this helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have this same issue as well

but i can't seem to figure out where to get Rosetta 😞

please advice.

i'm using an Mac Pro, Apple M1 on Big Sur

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your applications folder and open up the Photoshop folder.  Make sure you right click on the Photoshop application icon once in the folder and click on get info.  There will be a check box that says run in Rosetta.  You can toggle it back and forth when need be, just make sure you don't have Photoshop open when you do it.  I have attached an image as well to show you what it looks like.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this and my info shows no option to run in rosetta... anybody have any luck figuring this out when they don't have the option to run in rosetta?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - run in Rosetta is not anywhere to be found. On a new MacBook Air ...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines