• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.1 crashes immediately & quit unexpectedly on macOS 10.15.7

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Pro 2017 Running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Photoshop 22.4.1 The moment I attempt to launch Photoshop I'm presented with a pop-up window that reads, "The last time you opened Photoshop, it unexpectedy quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" It doesn't matter which choice I make, Don't Reopen or Reopen, Photoshop refuses to launch and run.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Thank You. I had already tried several ways (Uninstall, Re-Install, Accessibility-Full Disk Access and finally unchecking Use OpenCL) to resolve this issue before posting to this forum. Are all Adobe products now fully compatible with macOS Big Sur 11.3.1? I’m currently not running Big Sur but am curious as to when Adobe’s apps will run on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.1.

Please check if Photoshop has the required permissions by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. I had already tried several ways (Uninstall, Re-Install, Accessibility-Full Disk Access and finally unchecking Use OpenCL) to resolve this issue before posting to this forum. Are all Adobe products now fully compatible with macOS Big Sur 11.3.1? I’m currently not running Big Sur but am curious as to when Adobe’s apps will run on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop 22.4.1 is comptaible with with macOS Big Sur but there are some known issues. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  I still get the same message "quit unexpectedly" when I try to start Photoshop 2021 on MacOS Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Windows 10. Our students (different computers and federated ID) all have the same problem. It started yesterday. Tried to uninstall everything, remove user, reset preferences. Nothing works. I also tried a fresh windows install. Didn't help neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

Having the same problem on Catalina (10.15.7)     With Photoshop 2020 21.0.2

Can't open .HEIC files i made using my phone camera. Photoshop instantly crashes.

Luckily I found a workaround if you're having this issue, you can just export the images to png/jpeg directly from Apples built in preview application.

Just open all the .HEIC files, select them all in the sidebar and hit "export selected..."

In the pop up you can select the file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines