• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 is Hot Trash

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear every version is worse than the last. This version crashes regularly over trivial things like selecting an area of an image with the lasso tool or using smart objects. I've gotten in the habit of uninstalling the new version and reverting to a previous so often over the course of this past year I could do it in my sleep.

Please stop putting out updates until they have actually been tested across a variety of systems. Or start releasing it as a BETA so people know what they're geting into. I would be happy to BETA test versions of Photoshop for you for free but last I checked I'm on an $59 / month subscription and it should be flawless 99% of the time if I'm paying for a subscrition.

Very frustrated how much of my time has been wasted lately with buggy underperforming Adobe products.

//end rant

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certain it was tested. 

Which OS are you using?

Did you restart your computer after updating PS?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding. Yes to the restarting my PC. I've been using it since release and not once has it not crashed when open. I reverted to the previous version without incident and it seems to be running as smooth as before.

The point I'm mainly trying to make is that this is a very consistent issue that I've experienced with PS in particular this last year. To be fair, I've had way less crash issues with other Adobe products but it still happens at a much higher rate near the newest release of any given Adobe product. I honestly feel like I'm paying to BETA test this application. 

Win 10 PC (up to date)

AMD Ryzen 3960x

256 GB DDR4 RAM

1TB M.2 SSD

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 FE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines