• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 is unusable, unstable, and full of bugs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use the Photoshop 22.4.2 on macOS Big Sur (11.4), and Photoshop crash many time a day, it's really frustrating. In addition, I have the progress bar which remains permanently displayed. It looks like software made by amateurs! Photoshop is really starting to interfere with my work as a photographer ... is there a way to make it more stable or is it really the new standard from Adobe ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64 Go 2400 MHz DDR4 (iMac18,3) and I have around 90 Gigs of free space on my SSD HD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop witout keeping prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So resetting the Photoshop preferences didn't resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, It change noting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree... this is the trashiest version I have ever used. I try to go back a version or two and it's still crashing multiple times daily. Adobe, get off your a$$ and please do something about your quality control!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great to know which mac are you working with. M1 chips are known to generate a lot of troubles to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cap, le 2021-08-06 à 03.48.11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem Photoshop freezes after start up 11.4 Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! there are multiple bugs in this version of Photoshop. I have been using Photoshop for almost 20 years and it has always been a trouble free experience. Now I am having problems with fonts and even trying to change the size of my paintbrush! I get a message saying "could not complete your request because of a program error." I need Photoshop for so much of my work and I am blocked!! I hope Adobe is reading these messages and will do something quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop is 22.4.3 – it might be worth seeing if upgrading helps.

If not, and you have the correct system specs, perhaps using the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall the application and doing a clean reinstall might sort the issue out: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines