Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 22.4.2 on M1 Mac - Timelapse not working

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the 229 files i exported from lightroom (test-001.jpg to test-229.jpg) as a sequence, only the first file opens and it makes a 10 second stil image.  Any ideas? I have search the other topics here but have unable to find a resolution.  It seems like a very simple process so I am wondering if I am missing something?

Thoughts?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021
Just a follow up.  After trying and trying to figure this out on the release and beta versions, this appears to be an M1 Silicon issue.  I enabled Rosetta emulation instead in both Photoshop Release and Beta and they both work flawlessly and as expected.  Too bad, as having the M1 run nativity was such a great advantage of the M1 Macbooks.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of Photoshop and OS? From my testing that feature works fine in 21.2.9 version of Ps on WIndows.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually on the most recent version of PS and the most recent big sur version of Mac OS on the MacBook M1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.2 on your M1 mac while trying to create a timelapse. Would you mind telling us how you are importing/opening the image sequence in Photoshop. When you select the first image in the open dialog box, please ensure you have the option for Image Sequence checked. If that is not working, please share a video recording of what's happening or screenshots of the open dialog box along with the layers panel.

You can check out the below mentioned links for reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/importing-video-files-image-sequences.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYf-fWb0oe4

Regards,

Nikunj

This is one of the most simple ways you can create a timelapse clip using Photoshop instead of video editing software. Watch this video if you are unsure how...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have on your M1? 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your source files could be too large.

At that size each frame would be ~41 mb becoming a 9gb original file before adding the timeline and other items.

Reduce the size of your source files and try again. 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video Nikunj posted was the exact video I was following for my tutorial. His files were much larger and he had no problem. So I don't think it's  a size issue. I will see if I can somehow record the issue. It seems to always import oy the 1st photo, no matter how I rename them or export them from lightroom. They all are going to an empty folder so they are the only files in that folder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up.  After trying and trying to figure this out on the release and beta versions, this appears to be an M1 Silicon issue.  I enabled Rosetta emulation instead in both Photoshop Release and Beta and they both work flawlessly and as expected.  Too bad, as having the M1 run nativity was such a great advantage of the M1 Macbooks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my end. 13" M1 MBP, macOS 11.4, Photoshop v22.4.2, opening an image sequence doesn't load all images so no movie is playable/renderable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also confirmed that this works properly running Rosetta 2 but not via native M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confirm this is a native M1 issue, running 13" M1 MBA mac OS 11.4, Photoshop v22.4.3.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines