• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 will not start with Mac OS 11.4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read similar threads and have tried many things to resolve this issue.

I updated from Mac OS Catalina to Big Sur 11.4.  Prior to this update I had PS 22.4.2.  All was fine.

Now PS will not come up.  The menu bar shows, but no windows ever appear, including the initial splash screen.  It is completely unresponsive.

So far I've tried:

Uninstalling PS and resinstalling

Ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove 22.4.2

Installed back levels of PS, back to 22.2

Ran a script to restore/fix user permissions that I read about in another thread

Ran Disk Utility to check for any errors on the Mac HD

Removed any references to plugins in the PS folder

Created a new admin acount as suggested in one thread.  Using this new account, PS will start, but what a hassle.  There has to be a better way.

So far..... nothing has worked to get PS up under my normal login.

I would very much appreciate any help on resolving this issue.  This is a huge deal for me as I teach and can't even open PS.

Thanks... Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Yes, there are some compatibility issues with Big Sur. Here is a help doc to give you some more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html

Please see if any of these solutions will fix the problem, and let us know if you still have questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and the link to the article about issues with Big Sur.  

Unfortunately, the information there is quite old.  It says to upgrade to Mac OS 11.2.1.  The current version is 11.4 so that is months old.  Also, the issue is clearly present in 11.4.

As I said in my initial post, I did create another admin account and was able to get Photoshop to come up, but seriously..... that is a lousy solution.   Please tell me that Adobe is working on a solution to this issue. It's clear that many people are experiencing this problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith,

I'm sorry that was no help! I know they are working on a solution. And I'm sure that Apple is working on it too. If 22.4 was working before you upgraded, then hopefully they will figure it out quickly. 

One last question, did you try turning the graphics processor card off to see if that might be interfering? If you haven't, here is a link that will walk you through it: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open the preferences window to turn off the graphics card.  I can't open any windows at all in Photoshop, so I don't have a mechanism to turn off the graphics card.  I'm confident that isn't the problem because under the secondary admin account where things are working the graphics card is enabled.  So......  any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any permissions you turned on or off in your Privacy & Security settings for your other admin account? Can I recommend that you take screenshots of your settings in your new account and compare them to your old account? Maybe seeing the different settings will help figure out why the new one is working and the other is not.

That is my only other suggestion. I hope that someone else here on the forums might have something for you.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed all of the Security and Privacy settings from my original admin account and the new secondary account.  They are exactly the same for Photoshop and Lightoom.  (by the way, LightRoom works fine under the old account).  It is clearly something that happened with Photoshop 22.4.2 and it's interaction with Big Sur 11.4.  This has been reported many many times in the forums so I'm sure hoping Adobe / Apple can get their act together and solve this issue.  It is pretty frustrating and setting up the entire environment again on the secondary account is an amateur hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too, and I agree. If you want to share your experience and data with the engineers, I am attaching the Wish list and bg report form. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines