• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4 crashes when using Content Aware Fill

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes every time when I open an image from Lightroom, duplicate layer, make selecttion and then go to Edit -> Content Aware Fill...

Windows 10 x64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When PS crashes, first thing to try is resetting your pref's. Can't hurt, often fixes such issues. 

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with version 22.4, only switching back to the previous version of Photoshop helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to 22.3 -> Everything works again no need to change drivers or reset preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Content Aware Fill only words without crash if use directly from Photoshop start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Updated my graphics card driver but that did not fix . tried using it on a flattened document to reduce size  and that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lindarobertsrosen , @Maike André @frankb71860764 Does it still occur with the 22.4.1 update (just released a couple of hours ago)? Restart your computer before re-testing, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works again. Problem solved. Thank you, Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated to 22.4.1 and it seems to be working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

popup a image window also crashes the ps ... 

I went back to the older version... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens every time, unless I have it output on same layer.

22.4.2, latest NVidia driver, Win 10x64, 32GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here looking to figure out how to stop this from happening, and your comment is what worked for me, M. Schloegl! THANK YOU!!! Doesn't crash if I output to same layer instead of new layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I finally could help somebody instead of just ranting into a black hole!

But: it would be awesome if - meanwhile basic - stuff worked flawlessly, but hey, we got neural filters for totally fake results instead 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround fixed my problem, THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if this is some kind of juju, but I "fixed" my problem by greatly zooming the picture before using content aware fill, and 50/50 it doesn't crash. I don't know if this has something to with GPU usage to make the preview, but hey, if it works, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still experiencing crashes, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are crash reports filed somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It was working fine but I haven't used PS for severrl months & now it crashes every time before completion of Content Aware Fill. I have submitteder error reports but on the last occaison it dibn't bring up an error reporting box but just a list of possible solutions none of which helped. I have tried downgrading v22.5 & turning off GPU acceleration but they didn't help.

Win 10 64bit 19042.1288, Intel I7 9700K, 32Gb, Aorus Z390 AORUS ELITE, XFX Radeon RX 570, PS 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Win 10 (64 bit), Ps version 23.1.0 20211208.r.143 83e47c5 x64. No option to submit error report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "fix" I found was to downgrade to v22.0. I've now explored with v23.1 which gives the same problem. Crash reports are generated but the reporting consol does not open & its not possible to attach the reports to a post  as they are not in an allowed format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this fixed my crash issue also. I will use this version from now on when I need content aware fill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines