• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4: Printing error: 'Filter' failed

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled my printer and deleted the users/username/library/preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings and still get this error message. Ideas are appreciated!

image.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to print through Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? Are you getting this error on all the files that you're trying to print through Photoshop or just this PSB file? Are you able to print through other applications?

Please try updating Photoshop to the latest version (22.4.3) to check if that makes a difference. Also, if you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has the ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to print through Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? Are you getting this error on all the files that you're trying to print through Photoshop or just this PSB file? Are you able to print through other applications?

Please try updating Photoshop to the latest version (22.4.3) to check if that makes a difference. Also, if you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac using the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, try pressing & holding this Spacebar on the keyboard while selecting the option to Print from the File menu. This show reset the Print settings in Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all you said to do and it did not fix the problem. Do you have other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the space bar trick worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem, how did you fix this please?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all these, and the space bar trick, and still getting a 'Filter' failed error. I'm using OSMonterey on a Canon Pro9000 printer. The printer works fine. I can print a test page just fine. But getting it print using the Print module in LrC doesn't seem to be happening. I've removed the printer from preferences, restarted, added them back. I've reset preferences in LR and on the Mac. I've updated the driver. Not sure what stone I haven't turned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines