• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.0.0.36 Completely unusable

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest PS 23.0.0.36. Once launched, all the menus are flickering, chosing any tool will cause PS to freeze for 30-40 seconds. Cannot do anything. Please help

Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1320

Asus z290f / i9 10900k

Strix GTX 1080ti / Studio Driver 472.39

Main display is 4k HDR. 

Windows scaling @ 150%

Please help, I have projects to work on and can't do anything.

All other apps work fine. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Do you have read @Modpix posts and did you check his tips?

Is your system up-to-date? do you have installed the latest patches and updates for your operationg system and the drivers, especially the graphic driver?

As I see you don't use the actual driver, For the GTY 1080i the actual version is 472.47 (Studio version). Please download and install this version and check.

You can also try the Game ready driver. The actual version of this driver is 496.49

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. I have a 4k monitor and another 1920x1080px. I noticed that when I use the lower resolution (1920x1080px) the problem decreases. But I can't solve the problem definitively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer in another question here on the forum and it worked for me.

Go to Edit/preferences/Technology Previews then enable the option to Deactivate Native Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new update to Photoshop version 23.0.1 available. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-23-0-1-is-now-available/td-...

Install the update and check.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but didn't help.

it's something to do with 4K resolution on the windows display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone from Adobe reads these posts, I could really use some help resolving this issue. Please. 

PS is completely unusable even after updating to 23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have read @Modpix posts and did you check his tips?

Is your system up-to-date? do you have installed the latest patches and updates for your operationg system and the drivers, especially the graphic driver?

As I see you don't use the actual driver, For the GTY 1080i the actual version is 472.47 (Studio version). Please download and install this version and check.

You can also try the Game ready driver. The actual version of this driver is 496.49

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

472.47 was just released, I'll update and check again. It is the actual driver, just the studio version, which does not have gaming tweaks. I can't use the gaming driver, It conflicts with other software on the system. 

Windows is latest available for 21H1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post updating the Studio driver to 472.47 issues have been resolved.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have too.

Acer Aspire 3
Intel Core i5-7200U

Intel UHD Graphics 600 

2000GB HDD

Windows 10 Home

موپن

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines