• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.0.1.68 won't open -- disappears after splash screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Since the upgrade to 23.0.1.68, Photoshop (CC) won't open. It initializes until the (lovely) splash screen then disappears. I'm running Windows 10 on a HP Spectre (16GB RAM) with an external AMD Radeon RX570, although I think Photoshop may be set to the system card (I can't get it to open to check).

I've unistalled/reinstalled several times.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Step 7 here to troubleshoot multiple cards: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey, but I can't get Photoshop to launch to get into my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carolyn, step 7 does not involve Photoshop's preferences. 
that said, it is possible to create a copy of the prefs this way: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try, thank you. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get no crash report. It gets to the splash screen then disappears. Just....nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna let my lack of technical aptitude show: I can't find that folder. I'm allowing the search to show "system" and "hidden" files, but all searches are fruitless, even using "preferences," "roaming," "AppData." How might I get personal tech support? Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just reverted back to Photoshop 21 (22.5.3) so I can get work done. It works splendidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting crashing and a complete inability to boot Photoshop 23 on a Mac min M1 with Monterey. They released an update, 23.0.1, and while it's still crashing at boot, if I do it a few times it will eventually open, as long as I sumbit and close all the windows associated with a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines