• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.0 freezes at launch (Windows 11)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Photoshop 23.0, I'm only maybe 20% successful in launching Photoshop (on Windows 11). It more often than not gets to a "Not Responding" state after splash screen, but before becoming fully usable. Sometimes there will even be multiple processes listed in Activity Monitor

I have...

• Uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop 23.0 (keeping preferences)
  • alt-ctrl-shift at launch
  • Move/delete Preferences file and/or the entire Settings folder.
  • When I could get in, I've tried turning a few technology previews and/or GPU Processing on/off.
  • Re-installed previous version of Photoshop (22.latest), which also inherited this problem.

Some of those things, like removing prefs or alt-ctrl-shift-launch, might let it launch once, but not reliably. I'm just at a loss as to what else to try to reliably launch Photoshop 23.0 on my Windows 11 computer.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely restarted your computer after the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple times.

If you have access, i have uploaded an Adobe Log Collector file through the Adobe Log Collector mechanism. AdobeLogs_20211027_081447_966-win.zip 

It does seem, at least in part, to be struggling with Preset Syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after a fresh restart, Photoshop 23.0 won't always start. Sometimes it does, most times it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending probably an hour or so in a chat with customer support where he even took control of my computer and checked a few things, we pretty much chalked it up to a bug between the new Photoshop release and Windows 11, and he was escalating it up to senior management. I have basically just learned to try to leave Photoshop running as long as I possibly can once I get it started (which might take a few tries). Patiently awaiting a Photoshop dot release to see if it helps clear things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues but I am still on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. after updating to Win 11 Photoshop 23 stops working after a while.. the screen blinks once and then it freezes. I tried downgrading to various versions of Photoshop 22 but it keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Same problem for me, the problem is solved when i uninstall my the drivers of my graphic card (Nvidia 1050Ti)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines