Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.0 is a total bug

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 23.0, Windows 10 64bit, 1080Ti 11gb,  

The whole app is a bug. It lags as soon as I import an image. Selecting tools. Changing text just flickers nonstop. same as the menu dropdowns. I can't even use it. And I won't be using it till it is fixed. Thank goodness I have Affinity Photo as a backup.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please try updating Photoshop to the latest version (23.0.1) to check if the issue persists. To update Photoshop, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

If the issue persists, try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Technology Previews. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm staying with version 22.2 for now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post is in error, I'm staying with 23.2.2 as the issues I was having with 23.3 are resolved.  Also, I like the Shake Reduction filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - workspace turns electric green until zooming in and then flickers constantly. Mac OS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michaelm96405661 This is an older thread about a previous release and there is now a new version, 24.0.0 Release (Photoshop 2023). Please start a new Community post here: (https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/photoshop). Provide the specifics of your issue, including your macOS configuration and compatibility for minimum requirements (platform, RAM, available scratch space, graphics card) and version number. In Preferences, Performance tab, if you uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” and restart, does the problem persist? Let us know if you have you tried any troubleshooting steps. If you revert to 23.x do you have the same issue? Any other specifics would be great to have, and then we can try to figure out what is going on in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik Efex doesnø't load properly either. DxO neither. It keeps crashing and doesn't load properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is the worst program on the market. 30 minutes ago it stopped deleting using the eraser! No changes were made to that layer! Why? No idea! It's just full of bugs. Personally put me in charge of a team of programmers I select and I'd make a far better program that Photoshop. And to all of you who think this is an egotrip remark, just remember this: unless we stand up and say what we feel about things, nothing improves. That's how I honestly feel about it. I love AE, but Photoshop is just very, very poor. It's latest version is lagging and stopping, and is just nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Adobe (community forums):

"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines