• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.2.1 direct selection not working without changing zoom

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another bug that prevents me from working efficiently with current CC versions:

When I zoom in and try to select a vector curve point with the white arrow (direct selection) tool by clicking on the point or by making a selection rect around the point, the point doesn't seem to be selected.

Only if I then zoom in or out just a bit, that point is being shown as selected.

I can draw several of those useless selection rects, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

I already reset my settings because of another bug and disabled "Use Graphics Processor" as well as "Animated Zoom" in the preferences.

This bug seems to be rather new for me, and again: When you can't make this software work properly, couldn't you please let us download an older version (PS 21.x) that still works?

(I tried uploading my photoshop settings folder as a zip in case it helps, but I am not allowed to upload zip files here)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problems w/CS5 started just about one month ago. Is this your
situation??  I cannot change the V/H/Auto selection button nor move a
crop selection's position.

--
Nature is my Religion. Wildlife has never said "Don't take a photo of me while I'm laughing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mh ... I don't think so. I'm talking about the vector selection tool, not pixel selection/editing stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even describe what horror this issue turned out to be.

My performance when working in Photoshop has decreased by 80% now because of this. So I will have to switch to another software as long as this isn't fixed. Not talking about Illustrator.

I don't even know if this a PS vs Windows 11 problem or just because of the current PS version, because I can't try and downgrade to an older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have this peoblem and it is really annoying to work with Photoshop like this. It worked so well for years and now it's just broken. It can be reproduced any time I'm working with the vector tools and selections and makes my workflow in Photoshop so inefficient now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines