• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.2.1 Vector Shape Color Picker resets color right after it has been picked

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working pretty much with vector shapes in Photoshop. I'm changing the color of those shapes via the shape fill in the top menu bar while having selected the pen tool.

After working for a while in a document it sometimes happens that after I click on one of the colors in that fill color palette, the correct color is picked for a second, but instantly resets to another / the previous color.

It happens again and again and only a Photoshop restart seems to help. Then everything is working as expected.

It would be pretty helpful for my workflow and efficiency with PS if this would be fixed, because having to restart PS again and again is quite annoying. I have this problem now and then since more than a year, so it isn't something new from the recent few CC versions OR Windows 11 - happened in Windows 10 as well.

That "color rest" doesn't happen with the free color picker for pixel brushes by the way.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug just happens sometimes and couldn't be fixed by resetting the preferences.

It might be related to this bug though, since I noticed that one as well. The first times it happened I might just not have realized that not only the color resets, but the scale of my currently selected shape object is being changed with each click on the fill color palette:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-changing-shape-fill-color-scales-path-inst...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines