• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.3.0 crashes when I use any tool after opening any picture.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 23.3.0 crashes when I use any tool after opening any picture. PS crashes without message (AdobeCrashReporter not working, there is no crash data). Disabling the use of the graphics card (GeForce  GTX 560Ti) temporarily helped, at the cost of a large slowdown of the program.

Windows 10 Home x64, 21H2 (compilation 19044.1645). Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev. 2.1) with Intel Core i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 32,0 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 560Ti, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

@Robert J.T. 

Try updating to 23.3.1 and re-enable GPU compositing and this might be fixed.  If it does crash, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following:

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeffrey! The problem is solved. PS does not crash and regained speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robert J.T. ,

Sorry you had this issue.  I'm glad to hear disabling GPU Compositing resolved the issue.  My team and I work on GPU Compositing.  Do you recall if you submitted a crash to Adobe Crash Reporter?  If not, could you share the Photoshop document, psd file, which caused Photosohop to crash?  That would greatly help my team improve GPU Compositing.  Thanks!

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert J.T. 

Try updating to 23.3.1 and re-enable GPU compositing and this might be fixed.  If it does crash, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @CoryShubert and @Andrew Sender 

Photoshop crashed for a while and shut down without a message or pop-up. Crashes occurred with every .jpg file, right after the first use of each tool. I haven't tested the .psd files. AdobeCrashReporter could not work with these crashes. For this reason, I have no data on these failures. Right now, upgrading to 23.3.1 has made PS working perfectly and GPU compositing is back on.
It's possible to roll back to version 23.3.0 and investigate further, but I'm not sure it will yield new data if AdobeCrashReporter wasn't catching the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines