• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.3.1 direct vector curve point selection not working without changing zoom factor

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that I accidentally posted this in discussions previously. But this bug is so annoying that I have to move it here. I can't work like this:

When I zoom in and try to select a vector curve point with the white arrow (direct selection) tool by clicking on the point or by making a selection rect around the point, the point doesn't seem to be selected.

Only if I then zoom in or out just a bit, that point is being shown as selected.

I can draw several of those useless selection rects, as you can see in the attached screenshot. They just don't disappear unless I change the zoom factor.

I already reset my settings because of another bug and disabled "Use Graphics Processor" as well as "Animated Zoom" in the preferences.

I'm using Windows 11, the bug was already there in Photoshop 23.3.1. Version 21.x.x seemed to work as far as I remember, but I can't check it because it's not available anymore.

I really need the vector tools and now my workflow efficiency is completely destroyed because of this, since at least two months. Please fix this ASAP.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning the GPU back on by disable this setting: Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I only noticed the reply now. Since I still had the problem (and not only with vectors, but with just painting as well), I'll definitely try this - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now, it looks as if "Deactive native canvas" might have helped indeed! Not only for the vector problem, but also with painting/zooming. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines