• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.3.1 uses three times the amount of scratch disk as photoshop 22.5.7

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have 2 versions of photoshop on my system: version: 23.3.1 and version 22.5.7.

The reason for this is that photoshop 23.3.1 keeps crashing at least 5x times a day on me. 

I have tried all recommendations offered online and even advised by Adobe.

What I noticed lately is that for the same file opened in version 23.3.1 the scratch disk is 13.5G

while the same file opened  in version 22.5.7 the size of used scratch disk is 3.1G.

Just wondering if this might be the cause of all my crashes on version: 23.3.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop crashes are generally caused by buggy drivers, especially the GPU driver, what are your computer system specs, CPU, RAM, GPU etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wondering if this might be the cause of all my crashes

By @calexy2003

That's not how it works. Photoshop reserves scratch disk space based on history and anticipated needs. So it depends on how many history states are still accessible and any other files you may have had open in the same session.

Photoshop doesn't crash over low memory as long as you have enough free disk space. 13 GB is really nothing. Scratch files can be in the several hundred GB range.

As Ged says, this is very likely your GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines