• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.3.2 not working well

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, my Photoshop has suddenly stopped working properly - it is lagging, freezing and not saving documents properly. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I have noticed that my computer only has 4 GB of RAM, and this version of photoshop requires at least 8 GB.  Could this be the issue? What should I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes or freezes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't work, a few other areas to try: 

• Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Better? 

If that doesn't work, Go back into Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for these suggestions.  The first 2 options didn't work but looks like the 3rd (advanced option) has - holding thumbs! Do you think I need to consider upping my RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"4 GB of RAM, and this version of photoshop requires at least 8 GB.  Could this be the issue? "

Yes, it can! Depending on OS you may need 4GB only for itself and running processes. At the moment my Windows 11 is consuming 6,6GB of memory with Edge browser active and no other application running in parallel. Photoshop needs RAM and you need at least 8GB but that does not mean it will run smoothly and fast for all tasks. Consider 8GB upgrade, even better 16GB of RAM if you can afford and install on your motherboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines