• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23,3 Layers issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers no longer works on upgrade version 23.3.  Have moved back to 23.2 and issue solved.  (Windows operating system) 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you describe in more detail on how the layers are not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue, came on here hoping to talk to someone and found that the live chat doesn't appear to be a support option any more (any reason for this?). The issue is you create a new layer and it just shows as a white layer above everything else even though it's a completely transparent layer. These updates are sooo bad, you release new features that only a handful of users will find useful, don't fix outstanding defects and don't introduce useful features that other cheaper software like clip studio has had for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

"you release new features that only a handful of users will find useful"

Firstly I'm a volunteer on the forum and not an Adobe employee, for the white layer issue, go into the preferences and disable this option and restart Photoshop

2022-04-16 10_19_05-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've reinstalled the previous version for now as I need to get on with some work when I've got some free time I'll try your suggestion.

As a side note, Adobe should be paying for your support not getting it for free, the company makes millions from the subscriptions it charges, it should offer a proper support service and not rely on the good will of a few people to help others out. Thank you for your support you are providing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain further Ged's response. More functionality is being moved to the GPU, including layer compositing. This should bring us benefits with faster processing. However, the move can expose bugs in GPUs and drivers by using calls to the GPU that were not previously used. Checking that box puts compositing back with th CPU. 

If unchecking it does resolve the issue, look at updating your GPU drivers, using a clean install of the drivers and using drivers designed and tested for this work e.g Nvidia Studio Drivers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@christopherj69959782 wrote:

...and found that the live chat doesn't appear to be a support option any more (any reason for this?).  

Hi Christopher

Your main question has been answered by other volunteers, but not this one. I just tried the Live Chat and it's working for me. Try the auto-open link first:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  (type "agent" to get a human)

If your browser does not auto-open the Chat window, try these tips:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703

The third option is that you can send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Also: you can have multiple versions installed. There is a checkbox to uninstall the previous version, so you have a choice.

~ Jane

82E204D9-2B10-46BA-B929-70A5F280F00F.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines