Photoshop 23.3 problem during Preference Setting

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally, PS 23.3 will stop reponding during Preference setting. Has anyone encountered this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that Photoshop freezes completely?
Does it remain frozen or does it start responding if you wait?

We can see you are using Windows.  Can you tell us which version?  (There are some problems reported with Windows 11)

What is your hardware spec?

How old is the system, and is your operating system (windows) in good health?

Do you have other applications open when this happens? If so try restarting the computer, and opening just Photoshop and try setting Preferences.

Is it a particular aspect of Preferences that causes the freeze?  Scratch Disks is a likely culprit which would mean one of your drives is faulty.  Performance is another possibility.

Have you tried resetting Preferences as soon as it is open (if you are able)?

Answer thos questions and we'll take it from there

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My OS is Windows 10 ver. 21H2 and has been updated to the latest Windows updates. My system is 3 years old with Intel I3-8100 and 32G memory.  I always runs smoothly and has not experienced the same problem with previous PS versions until 23.3.

In my system, if I go through the ver. 23.3 menu of "Preference" one by one and top down sequentially, it will ocassionally stop responding when I am in the menu for "Performance". It will not respond to whatever box I check or selection I made. However, the mouse cursor can still move as intended but I can go nowhere within PS, just stuck in the menu for "Performance".

This abnomaly will last for about 15-20 seconds and PS will start responding after that waiting period. It's noteworthy when this abnomally occurs, my Windows system is apparently not in the sleeping mode, because I have just gone through serveral menu of the Preference settings before I reach the menu for Performance. And  during the PS frozen period, if I wish I can freely switch to other app, such as Google Chrome, which is  on whenever I'm using PS.

This problem only happens when I am doing Preference settings. It never happens when I'm executing other functions of PS 23.3.

Scratch disk is active on my C drive, which has a free space of 246G. To my knowledge, I have not noticed any malfunction of my hard drive so far.

Hope the above feedback is sufficient and good enought for you.

Best regards,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines