• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.4.1 doensn't start on my Windows 10(21H2) except icon in taskmanager (backgroundproces)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the previous photoshop(23.3.2) back and this one just works as before.

But I still gave it a try on photoshop 23.4.1 but again... same problem 😞

Today an Adobe employee helped me (remote PC permission) but he only repeatingly keeping sign-in/out CC + remove/(re)install photoshop until my C:\ was completely full(2GB left) so I wanted to quit because this not gonna work and PC became very slow.

So I did a hard remove with ACC CleanerTool and deleted all adobe folders from PC, remitted whopping 15GB (excl. cloudfiles). Otherwise Adobe hostage my C:\ space due all these pacific uninstall attemps.
After this I installed again the previous photoshop(23.3.2) back and this one just works as before so I let it for now.

Still I want to have a newer photoshop someday which CAN start. Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Hi there, I had exactly the same issue when trying to open the version 23.4.1 after update from 23.3.2 i.e. program was running in the background (coud be seen only in task manager but nothing else seemed to happen). Here is how I was able to "resolve" and "fix" the issue:

1.  I found out that that when launching version 23.4.1, it created on the program installation drive a folder "Users/ User Name/ AppData/ Roaming/ com.adobe.dunamis" including a "countless" number of empty sub folders. Obviously

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Sorry guys, I've stayed out for a while. I finally decided to update my photoshop to 23.5.1 and this one works well. So Problem Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I had exactly the same issue when trying to open the version 23.4.1 after update from 23.3.2 i.e. program was running in the background (coud be seen only in task manager but nothing else seemed to happen). Here is how I was able to "resolve" and "fix" the issue:

1.  I found out that that when launching version 23.4.1, it created on the program installation drive a folder "Users/ User Name/ AppData/ Roaming/ com.adobe.dunamis" including a "countless" number of empty sub folders. Obviously there is some kind of a "loop" taking a lot of CPU capacity (in my case > 30 %) when creating these subfolders  until you end the task (i.e. photoshop 2022) in task manager. Probably the number of these empty subfolders depend on the time version 23.4.1 is running in the background. The task should be ended as soon as possible as otherwise the number of these folders can be really huge. In my case even a short background run time created over 30 000 empty subfolders.
  2.  What I did (after ending the task in task manager) was to delete all the subfolders under "com.adobe.dunamis" folder (i.e only the main folder was left behind). This can take a condiderable time depending on the number of those empty subfolders. I wonder if deletion in command prompt would be the quickest way to delete those subfolders if the number of those is really huge.
  3.  Next I changed the security properties in the properties panel of the folder "com.adobe.dunamis" so that all users and user groups have full control on this folder.
  4.  After this version 23.4.1 could be (and still can) be launched normally (and not only in background). In this way I still have that "com.adobe.dunamis" main folder left including a couple of subfolders but there is no endless "loop" creating  subfolders.

Just a note that the previous version (23.3.2) does not create any "com.adobe.dunamis" folder. So what is the difference now? A system configuration related bug in version 23.4.1? Strangely enough, after installation of of 23.4.1 (without doing actions described above) I was also able to launch the program "normally" by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift at the same time when launcing the program. This of cource resets the preferences file every time when launching the program which is not ideal. When performing those actions described above, the preferences file is not reset every time when starting the program.

I have no idea why the actions described above worked in my case or what is the root cause behind the issue but hopefully this helps at least some of you who want to try/ use the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry guys, I've stayed out for a while. I finally decided to update my photoshop to 23.5.1 and this one works well. So Problem Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines