• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.4.1 doing select/copy/file-new clipboard-size (width & Height) is incorrect

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually have to select a different preset detail, then when you select 'clipboard' the width and height get corrected.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Hi @BRNBRN please tick the box Use Legacy "New Document" Interface, did that fix your issue?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Quick question! Is the width and height switched or completely different from what you have copied to your clipboard?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BRNBRN please tick the box Use Legacy "New Document" Interface, did that fix your issue?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem, the new document doesn't fit the clipboard document size! Windows 11, Photoshop 23.4.1. This worked to correct my issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is, why was this changed in the first place?  How does having the incorrect dimensions add value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This "worked" in that it reverted to the legacy interface with correct New document dimensions.  But the new interface was working fine with clipboard dimensions 1-2(?) versions ago.  Clipboard dimensions matched with Preset Details dimensions.  Please just bring that back.  Currently, the dimensions in the "recent items" box is accurate and dimensions in "preset details" come from previous document settings.  Very disorienting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old method worked fine, another case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory

How do you get to the screen that you show here?  I'm a real newby and need step-by-step directions.  Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory,

Never mind. I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem,  I have been using the 'new' New Document interface for several versions now and it has worked fine until just the last couple of months. Currently on 23.3.2.
Switching to the Legacy 'New Doc' interface fixes the problem - but like I say until recently the modern new document interface correctly selected the clipboard size. I don't really want to go back to the legacy interface as it's pretty clunky compared to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly agree.
Originally, this is a function that we can use properly.
But because of the bug, we have to use this function in a limited state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines