• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.5.1 no longer detects my AMD Radeon VII eGPU.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment:

Hello.

• Running Mac OS 12.6

• 27" iMac 

• 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

• 64 GB

• External 16 GB Radeon VII in Razer enclosure

System recognizes the eGPU; Photoshop no longer does. 

What am I missing? 

Insights welcome. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you should check which GPU supports the latest version of Photoshop...regards

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But I don't see a means to check compatibility, given that the app doesn't recognize my external GPU.  I can only check my iMac's Radeon Pro 575X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happend after updating to 23.5.1? It worked fine with previous version? Quick fix is to roll back to previous release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But am not sure which version worked. My system had been idle for 7 months during a home renovation. When I set it up again, the first order of business was to update software. The "old" version of PS got overwritten in the process. Would try installing a previous version if I could find a safe source. Don't see a means on the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 months ago was current, 23 version. You can easily roll back or even to install previous version 22 alongside until you find fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fix found! In the PS app's Get Info there's a magic check box I'd forgotten about: Prefer External GPU. See attached. Once again, all is right in my digital world. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines