Photoshop 23.5 spacebar closes window?? Now more hand tool short cut

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wow, I forgot how diffucult it can be to update a computer. Im using MacOS Monterey 25.5.1, PS 23.5 and LR 11.5 on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra. My workflow is simple and requires running only these two apps. My current issue is the space bar short cut for the hand tool is now closeing the open window. Do you know how hard it is to not hit the space bar after years of muscle memory? I cant seem to find a solution and its killing me to slow down so I dont accidently close my window and possible lose work.

The previous problem was PS's dialog boxes appearing behind the window and before that it was my wireless keyboard would not connect on restart. Im still plugging in a USB cable for a few seconds everytime I have to restart. I am using two monitors, a BenQ and older Mac Thunderbolt display. 

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Did this start happening immediately after updating? I just updated my version of Photoshop to 23.5, and I am still on Big Sur, and I am not able to reproduce the problem you are having. Have you tried resetting your tools or tool Preferences?

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.20.45 PM.png

Let us know if that helps? We want to help you get back up and running smoothly!

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other option I would suggest is manually resetting your preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Just make sure to backup any presets or custom tools.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Keyboard>Navigation and see if Enable Full Keyboard Access is checked. If so, try unchecking it.

ful.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines