• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23 & GPU on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have problems with the GPU of my mac book pro 16 "2019 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics card. In order to install the latest version of Photoshop I have to disable the GPU.

has it happened to others? is there a way to fix it or should we wait for updates? thank!

{Thread updated with available info by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.

Could you please confirm the version of macOS you are working on? By 'Install,' are you referring to 'Launching or Opening' Photoshop? Do you see an error or pop-up when you launch Photoshop? Please share screenshots.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if this helps,
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I'm using monterey 12.4 latest version of the operating system for mac. Using the latest version of photoshop I have to disable the gpu in order to have a "normal" use of the program. using the gpu the images change color to squares and closing the image remains the effect even if the file is not saved. in order to use phototshop with this gpu I had to install the previous version of the program (22) So obvious and that you save in the file happened only with the latest version. with previous versions it could happen that the image update was not immediate or that I had to zoom and then return to the correct position. I tried to deactivate openCl, re-install the program, clean the preferences of the whole Adobe suite. but all this does not solve the problem. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines