Exit

Photoshop 23 crashes with Content Aware Fill

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content Aware Fill crashes in photoshop version 23.0.0

This has been going on for 9 months.

several crash reports have been sent to you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you used a different email address than you've used to log in here. (I searched using the email you're logged in with to the forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff and thanks for helping. the email I am using on this forem is the same one as my account. I checked AUTO SEND crash reports. How do I uncheck AUTO SEND, so I can do it manually? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the screen shot

stever71725084_0-1636244117020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is listed on the known issues page.

This issue is super annoying and Photoshop is currently unusable for me with all the crashing.

Known issues in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much Joet. Hope they fix it toon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should specify your OS, ram, processor, graphic card. On my pc based on win 10 pro it works fine. Did you update all the important drivers such as graphic card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Windows 11 / 12900k / 64GB DDR5 / RTX 3090 and v23 crashes for me under a ton of different scenarios.  I did submit crash reports.  My biggest issue is with the object selection tool, which crashes 100% of the time that I try to use it.

Moving to the previous version solves it for me luckily, but it's already on the known issues page.  Hopefully this will get sorted out soon because v23 is completely not usable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stever71725084 There's a note section with "Note: If you don't see the Crash Reporter dialog appear, you may have selected an option to not show the dialog. Follow these steps to set the preference to Always Show This Dialog" in this document that will show how to disable auto-send: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mork Cubeman Thanks. I'm seeing one crash report from you. You're hitting a crash in onnxruntime.dll which might be related to OpenCL. If you go to Preferences > Performance... and click on "Advanced Options" uncheck "Use OpenCL" and restart Photoshop, does it behave correctly?

If you hit more crashes after disabling OpenCL, please submit them with your email address entered in the crash reporter dialog so I can investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 23.1.1 and just did the uncheck of OpenCL. It still crashes and I do not see a report to send in when it crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening v23 at all crashes almost instantly when I open it now.  I can't even click any tools or menus.

I just submitted two new crash reports.

The first time I opened it, I was able to select the object selection tool and it crashed when I tried to change it to the lasso version of the tool.

Then it just crashed instantly each time I opened it.

I'm not able to adjust any settings at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that this is a completely fresh install of Windows and I'm not experiencing issues in other non-Adobe applications.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more note -- it's now crashing so hard that it doesn't even bring up the window to send the report to Adobe.

Disabling OpenCL is not really a great option even if that did correct the issue, as it would reduce performance.  I also can't remove OpenCL because I need it for other work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mork Cubeman OpenCL is being removed from Photoshop and replaced with Metal (macOS) and DX12 (Windows). Not all OpenCL features have been converted yet (mainly in plug-ins at this point)

It would be good to know if disabling OpenCL stops the crashing or if it's something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted a report with my email address connected with my adobe account. let me knew please what the problem is. the last update, yesterday, also crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've disabled OpenCL and made the registry update to enable crash reporting.

Unfortunately Photoshop v 23.0.1 is crashing for me under the same conditions as before.  It's still crashing all the way to desktop without the ability to submit a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT FIXED IN photoshop 23.1 Content-Aware Fill crashes

This is not fixed. been going on for over 7 months. it was working but is not now. totally unacceptable, but perhaps the new norm at adobe. One adobe text announded it was fixed but it is not fixed.

it generates not crash reports. it just shuts down.

when is the context aware going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing your issue was considered to be the same one caused by the new Intel 12th gen CPUs which came out in November.  The issue was resolved for that and the symptoms were the same.

I think it would help if you post your setup so Adobe can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines