• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23 Healing Brushes Not Working

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Running Photoshop 23 on my Macbook Pro (M1 Pro chip) and the healing brushes and clone stamp aren't working properly. No matter how I change the settings it will only make one hard line that is not seamless. The product is significantly smaller than the size the tool is showing me, if that makes sense. The patch tool works just fine. Healing working properly in Lightroom 5.

Things I've tried:

1. resetting tool

2. changing folder name in libray/preferences (tried a few solutions I found on this form - nada|)

3. changing graphics processor settings (use processor, don't use processor, adjusting RAM usage

allowance etc)

5. uninstalling/reinstalling

6. changing any and all settings in preferences that look like it might help with the problem 

7. Triple checking in CC19 on a 2015 imac to make sure I'm not crazy and that I do actually know how this is supposed to work

I've been a devoted PS user for over 23 years and these bugs are really beginning to get to me. I don't have time for this. The clone stamp is particularly frustrating. You think you are working in one size and then the output is totally different, so it's complete guess work to fix it.

The following photos (hopefully) illustrate what I'm talking about. The brush looks like it should be one size but then the results are much smaller. These are examples with the healing, clone and patch tool (which is the only one that works correctly). 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

On macOS, the painted result is smaller than the brush cursor size you see on screen, determine if you have an increased Cursor Size specified in your System Preferences: Accessibility > Display settings

JeffreyTranberry_2-1636666214151.png

Make sure this is set to Normal like in the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woops - here are those photos embedded - hopefully that makes it easier to see

nope-1.jpgnope-2.jpgnope-3.jpgnope-4.jpgnope-5.jpgnope-6.jpgnope-7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS, the painted result is smaller than the brush cursor size you see on screen, determine if you have an increased Cursor Size specified in your System Preferences: Accessibility > Display settings

JeffreyTranberry_2-1636666214151.png

Make sure this is set to Normal like in the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That totally fixed it, thank you! It was so confusing b/c my brush was working normally but the healing/clone weren't working. I just got this macbook and had no idea my pointer was even enlaraged. Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines