• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23, new version

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new version photoshop 23. I'm working so that the Tiff files will reopen always in the Camera Raw. Now if you make some modifications in CR, in the same time, you are also modifying the original file in Bridge ( try in black white for exemple !!!! ). So at the end when you will save the new file thtough Photoshop (without interventions ), also whit a new /different number, you'll have two identical files in Bridge. Pratically BR and CR are always connected.

Contrary if you follow the normal path..... bridge....photoshop....filter----filter CR everything it works normally.

Pls can someone to report to the support technician this problem !!!!!! I tried to do that but I don't know how to do it !!!

Thanks in advance G.P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

As I think I understand the workflow, three situations-

"the Tiff files will reopen always in the Camera Raw"- This will update the metadata of the original TIF with the current settings of CR before it proceeds to Ps. So, to be expected, these CR changes (eg. B&W) will affect the original TIF appearance in Bridge.

"save the new file through Photoshop (without interventions )"  And CR will have written to the original TIF (as in the first situation), and also embed current CR settings in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I think I understand the workflow, three situations-

"the Tiff files will reopen always in the Camera Raw"- This will update the metadata of the original TIF with the current settings of CR before it proceeds to Ps. So, to be expected, these CR changes (eg. B&W) will affect the original TIF appearance in Bridge.

"save the new file through Photoshop (without interventions )"  And CR will have written to the original TIF (as in the first situation), and also embed current CR settings in the new Ps saved file. I would expect Original and derivative to both look the same in Bridge.

"follow the normal path..... bridge....photoshop....filter----filter CR".  If you are referring to the Camera Raw FILTER from the Filter Menu in Ps- This is NOT the same CR as the Plugin- It does not save CR edits as metadata in the original TIF (or an XMP for raw files)- The 'Filter' works on the pixels in the currently 'open' Ps document and only embeds edits in the new Derivative file. That is also to be expected.

I might think you would need to [Duplicate] the original in Bridge before you then send the duplicate 'copy' to Ps through ACR. Then your original is not affected by CR.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rob
thanks for the excellent analysis and for the great suggestion.
Ciao
Stefanetto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines