• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23 reinstalling itself.

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope to understand why Photoshop 2022 (v23) keeps reinstalling itself. In the CC app, automatic app updates are disabled, and CC client auto-updates are disabled. Each day I uninstall PS23 and its preferences using the CC app, and the next day it is back on the machine again. This has been going on for about a month. I could ignore its presence, except that each day it claims ownership of all file permissions as well.

Could this be related to Camera Raw; or Lightroom Classic? these are the only "new" apps I am using; all others are 2021-year. MacOS 12.3.

Thank you for any suggestions.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

@kevin stohlmeyerto your question, we do not have an enterprise admin console. We appear to be organized in Teams.
I believe we have gotten to the bottom of this issue: individual users' CC settings are conflicting with another user on the same device.

- In each case a device has multiple user accounts, each user with their own Adobe account and license.

- User A might use the video suite, all Adobe 2021 apps set never to update.

- User B might only use one adobe app, for example Lightroom CC, and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no automatic updates of anything IF you disabled this feature. 

Try logging out, then back into the account again. That might help. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log out, reboot, log in to CC looks to have broken the cycle. It's been a week now, and PS hasn't reinstalled. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you uninstalling the app? Are you using the provided uninstaller app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the CC app to uninstall, and asked it to remove all preferences. Would you suggest using the manual uninstall from the app library, instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the provided uninstaller you can try using the CC cleaner tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before you do, is your Creative Cloud app up to date? Click the cloud icon in the app and see if it is asking for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  My CC Desktop tells me PS 23.3.1 is available and I should update it.  Skeptic that I am, I check to see what version I'm running and "About Photoshop" tells me I'm running 23.3.1.

I logged out and back in again.  No help.  It still wants me to update 23.3.1 to 23.3.1.  I'm not going to update Photoshop until someone explains this to me!

Thank you,
Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out and back in to the CC desktop app. This forces a rescan of all installed apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I did that!

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, so you did. Sorry.

I don't really think it's a big deal. Just leave it, and wait for the next CC app update to see if it clears itself up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is up to its old tricks: It has reinstalled the latest photoshop, illustrator, indesign -- everything in the CC suite -- without having changed any preferences. And it's happened to other members of the team. Besides sucking up valuable hard disk space, these apps have claimed default file permission, forcing users in to the new apps.

Have logged out, rebootted, and will see if this sticks for another month.

Bug or feature, this is mightily dissapointing and is making it that much more difficult for us to manage these apps across our teams 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you managing your installs? Do you have an enterprise admin console, Teams or all individual accounts with self-serve installs?

If this was a bug - it would more widely reported. This really seems isolated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Convergnt's last reply to my post.  Thank you!

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gerry5478 I did. It did not indicate how they are managing their Creative Cloud accounts - individual IDs, Enterprise Console, Adobe Teams, etc. Depending on what is being used to manage determines next course of action to try. "other members of the team" does not necessarily mean they are using Adobe Teams. I wanted to confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyerto your question, we do not have an enterprise admin console. We appear to be organized in Teams.
I believe we have gotten to the bottom of this issue: individual users' CC settings are conflicting with another user on the same device.

- In each case a device has multiple user accounts, each user with their own Adobe account and license.

- User A might use the video suite, all Adobe 2021 apps set never to update.

- User B might only use one adobe app, for example Lightroom CC, and their CC app is set to auto update apps.

- User B logs in to the device. The CC app manager, although set not to open on launch for this user, nonetheless updates all Adobe CC apps it finds on the machine, in the background. User B doesn't know this is happening unless they open the CC app to see it at work updating apps.

- User A signs in to the machine the next day to find all of their Apps have been updated to CC 2022, even though their CC app is set never to update apps.

The solution is for each user to set their CC apps never to update; or else their CC client will update all apps it finds on the machine, contrary to the wishes of the other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking time to respond.
You have made assumptions which do not apply here.  There is only one implementation of Photoshop on this machime and LAN.  I am the only user here.  However, I back up my entire system to a NAS weekly using Acronis via the LAN.  Could your software be seeing my backup as another implementation of Photoshop?

At any rate my system is now running fine.  It just upgraded to the latest (and greatest) Photoshop - 23.4.2 and all is working AOK.

Again, thank you!

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines