Photoshop 23 reinstalling itself.

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope to understand why Photoshop 2022 (v23) keeps reinstalling itself. In the CC app, automatic app updates are disabled, and CC client auto-updates are disabled. Each day I uninstall PS23 and its preferences using the CC app, and the next day it is back on the machine again. This has been going on for about a month. I could ignore its presence, except that each day it claims ownership of all file permissions as well.

Could this be related to Camera Raw; or Lightroom Classic? these are the only "new" apps I am using; all others are 2021-year. MacOS 12.3.

Thank you for any suggestions.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022
There should be no automatic updates of anything IF you disabled this feature.  Try logging out, then back into the account again. That might help. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no automatic updates of anything IF you disabled this feature. 

Try logging out, then back into the account again. That might help. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log out, reboot, log in to CC looks to have broken the cycle. It's been a week now, and PS hasn't reinstalled. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you uninstalling the app? Are you using the provided uninstaller app?

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the CC app to uninstall, and asked it to remove all preferences. Would you suggest using the manual uninstall from the app library, instead?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the provided uninstaller you can try using the CC cleaner tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before you do, is your Creative Cloud app up to date? Click the cloud icon in the app and see if it is asking for an update.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  My CC Desktop tells me PS 23.3.1 is available and I should update it.  Skeptic that I am, I check to see what version I'm running and "About Photoshop" tells me I'm running 23.3.1.

I logged out and back in again.  No help.  It still wants me to update 23.3.1 to 23.3.1.  I'm not going to update Photoshop until someone explains this to me!

Thank you,
Gerry

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out and back in to the CC desktop app. This forces a rescan of all installed apps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I did that!

Gerry

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, so you did. Sorry.

I don't really think it's a big deal. Just leave it, and wait for the next CC app update to see if it clears itself up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines