• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23 renders unbalanced colours in png format.

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit my TIFF pictures in Photoshop and save a copy in PNG format for use in Premiere Pro.

If I need to re-edit a picture as an afterthought, (not touching colour balance in any way), I go back to Photoshop, reload my PSP picture, do my editing and save a modfied file in PNG again.

Since I upgraded to PSP version 23.0, the colour balance of the saved copy in png format is distorted and I had to go back to the previous PSP version 22.5.2 which continues to do the job correctly.

Is there a fix?

Did anyone noticed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Moved from Using the Community forum to Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Nothing changes in the file by saving, the numbers are the same. The question is whether you are preserving the icc profile that tells Photoshop how to interpret those numbers.

Always embed the color profile. It follows the file and will override your color settings. If there is no profile, the working space takes over, and that may be different in the two versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Using the Community forum to Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changes in the file by saving, the numbers are the same. The question is whether you are preserving the icc profile that tells Photoshop how to interpret those numbers.

Always embed the color profile. It follows the file and will override your color settings. If there is no profile, the working space takes over, and that may be different in the two versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so quickly and so accurately. You are right the files that caused problem were created without colour profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying so quickly and so accurately. You are right the files that caused problem were created without colour profile.

Shame on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please both the edit>Color Settings from both 23 and 22.5.2.

Also, how are you saving/exporting the PNG in Ps? Did you check the profile in any of those version, but not the other?

I think that Premiere pro made some changes in the color management area for H264 files, IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines