Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop 24.0.1 toggle between red masks and black/white masks

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to get used to the changes transitioning over from CS6.  Used to be able to toggle between the layer mask (red) by hitting the "\" key and the black/white mask with " ` ". 

Currently the "\" works but I can't figure out how to toggle to the black/white mask.  Sometimes, and erratically, the " ` " WILL work but not consistantly and I'm unable to repeat it.  Haven't been able to find anything searching google.

How do you show the black/white mask for cleaning it up etc...?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just press the \ again

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just turns the red mask on and off; I'm trying to toggle between that and the black/white version of the mask.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with ps 24.0.1 if i hit the “\”(backslash) to show the red overlay

then " ` "(tilde/back quote)  to view the black and white mask it does work consistently.

You can Option click on the layer mask thumbnail to see the black and white mask.

You might try resetting the photoshop preferences by going to Photoshop>Preferences>General, clicking Reset Preferences On Quit and restart photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion on resetting; seemed to have cleared up a lot of wildly misbhaving annoyances!!   Thanks!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.... that worked.... for a while.  I'm now back to the tilde key NOT working, ie not revealing the mask in black/white.  Everything else seems to be working in order, for now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no love; seems to work  s o m e t i m e s .... but rarely repeatable.  Any update or suggestions for this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines