• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.0 x Logitech MX Master 3 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Photoshop 24.0 and my MX Master 3 isnt working within the app in regards to custom buttons

macOS 12.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting this.

Is your mouse working with other applications? Confirming the custom buttons are not working after the Photoshop update. Did you try re-plugging in the device? 

Does restoring preferences (manually) help?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
You can quit Photoshop and return to the Settings folder if that doesn't solve the problem.

Try installing Photoshop 2023. Does the problem persist?

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse works with other applications, and confirming the buttons are not working after the update.

I’ve made sure drivers, plugins, and software are all updated.
Restarted my computer and uninstalled/reinstalled PS 2023.
Still doesnt work.

I downgraded back to v23.5.2 and its working again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.  Would you mind remapping the buttons to check if that makes a difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Ranjisha!
I can confirm the same issues on Windows 10 and 11.
Logitech MX Master 3 buttons, that were remapped via Logi Options Plus app, will not work in Photoshop 24.0, despite all above mentioned fixes have been tried (preferences reset, various restarts and replugs, clean PS re-install). Installing the dedicated Logi Options Plus plugin (v0.90.0) "for PS 22.0 or higher" from Adobe Exchange (https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/c70f6a23) also does not solve the issue.
Thanks for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same trouble, secondary wheel on a mouse does not changing the brush size...was the same earlier when 23 photosop just started,  then fixed...guessing is it "logi options" trouble or "photoshop"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for my configuration, windows 10 and Logitech MX Master 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait for update of LogiOptions...they are the reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if logi can compensate us for this somehow lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already wrote them...but their support is something))) reinstal, reboot, call adobe, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah their support said it was all on Adobe and not helpful for me either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am still battling it out with them, but this is the latest from adobe about the issue. I am going to try the first strategy they said once more since I just did the most recent Mac update because I already have given photoshop and adobe full disk access, I am also going to see if I need to give the whole creative suite full disk access as well in case I don't already. I personally believe it is logi that needs to do a proper software or firmware update, but we just have to wait and see. I pray we can find the solution ASAP. 

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 2.29.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally got a response, and hopefully, they will fix it with the new update. 

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 10.38.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! Glad someone finally acknowledges the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, was the same trouble whith 2022 adobe earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from logitech support page:

Logi Options+ Version 1.28
Nov 9, 2022

This release includes support for a new device and some fixes.

New feature

Adobe 2023 support
What’s fixed

Bug fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They only did it around 90% of how it was originally. The top scroll wheel can be customized to use photoshop zoom indefinitely, but the thumb scroll can, and each button is still not fully customizable is at it should be. In addition, the brush size adjustment feature that they brought back is very glitchy and not intuitive, and it didn't help anything to adjust the side scroll speed manually. I am going to relay that to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I was able to get a tentative solution for my Photoshop 24.4.1 to work with my Logi Mx 3s mouse and what I did was do a clean uninstall of all Photoshop versions then I went ahead to install version 23.5 (2022) which works with Logitech mx 3s after which I installed my 24.4.1 and it works for me. I, however, noticed some issues when I tried to use my thumb scroll for Zoom. It was fixed after I selected Zoom In and Out instead of the photoshop zoom option. I hope someone finds this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines