• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.1.0 files opening with way too much area

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few updates I have had this issue that when I open photo files the 18" by 27" photo opens in a window that has lots of area around the file and not snaped to the edges of the photo.  The first 5 to 10 photos open fine then it starts with the opening of the photos full screen.  I have to go to Windows - Arrange - and hit file to make them snap to the edges then to Windows - Arrange - Cascade to make them to where I am use to looking at them and working on the.  I would like for them to just open with all the edges snapped to the edge of the photo.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice description of the problem. Any chance you could post a screen shot so we also can see the issue? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20230103_063514.png

Screenshot_20230103_063553.png

 The one with the photo in the center is with all the extra area that always happens after the first 5 to 6 pics open like the photo where the photo is to the right.  Nothing has worked for me to get this to let them all open like they use to, like the one of the photo on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows are the Preferences. Within the Workspace section are a bunch of options that may help. You may need to restart Photoshop to see the changes. Do any of these help?

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @KathyS52 sorry you are seeing this. You mention that this issue has been happening to you since a few updates ago?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines