• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.4.1 Am I missing something here?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Photoshop 24.4.1 the Adjustment layer Icons in my system are almost microscopic. I use a 4K monitor. Is that still unusual? I wouldn't think so. The menu bar and options are still tiny if not smaller than usual. I have tried everything available to make this text more readable to no end. Are most people still using 1920 x 1080 display settings? I am beginning to see this tiny type in other applications aas well. It seems to be getting as ubiquitos as blasphemies in the cinema. What is going on here?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing to increase size of text and icons? It is managed through Windows Scale & layout settings.

windows scale and layout.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at 150% scale presently. See attached image of screen capture. We once had Adjustment icons large enough to see easily. These are not only tiny but disproportionately small compared with, for example, the Tools panel. The present arrangement slows productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's definitely right Bojan.  The icons are significantly smaller.  I run my UI at 100% and they are verging on being dificult to read.  I'm guessing it is to make room for the Adjustment presets which I don't remember seeing before.

image.png

There is an option to view as a list now, but that takes a ton of screen space.  That might be the way to go with a 4K screen though.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also no option to make a custom group.  Least ways I can't drag presets or create a new group.  Saving a  new preset from the Properties panel does not cause it to show in the Adjustment presets panel.   I'd say it was a work in progress, and I am not sure I like it.  I don't think I have ever used or saved an adjustment preset and if the cost of having the UI option below is the tiny adjustment layer icons, then I'd prefer an option to turn them off and have the big icons back.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis Not seeing any changes or anything out of the ordinary here? What's going on with those presets? Yes, I have 24.4.1.

icons.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The presets thing may be handy but it needs to go somewhere else. And, why turn Photoshop into Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines