• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.4.1 and Lightroom 12.3 not campatible with macOS Catalina

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe guys, I am not happy with adobe. I dont know why adobe is not campatible with my Imac. They need to do something about it cos I pay every month to use this adobe but can't update to lastest version which is no no. Forget any Imac or mac or desktop I used. This is a software "Adobe photoshop and lightroom and the rest. Adobe software should be able to work with any Imac or windows out there.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @olayiwolaf90538999 your assertion that "Adobe software should be able to work with any Imac or windows out there." doesnt hold water in reality. Improvements to image processing and cloud services requires updates to the minimum requirements on a regular cadence. What you are asking is for Adobe to stop innovating and drag everyone to the lowest common denominator.

Mac OS Catalina is no longer supported - but why can't you upgrade to Big Sur or later?

If your Mac is not supporting the newer OSes then the answer lies with your dated equipment. You can still run earlier versions of software on your machine, but if you wish to use the newer features available in current software you'll need to upgrade your system to support it.

Minimum system requirements are published for users to make their own decisions on how to move forward (or not).

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software progresses, it can't (nor should) be stopped. That covers Adobe, other manufacturers, and Apple (OSs).

No one forces you to update anything.

Lightroom 5 will not run on my (2022) Mac, and never will. I can still run it on an older MacBook Pro.

Photoshop 2023 will not and never be able to run on my older MacBook Pro.

Update your OS/Hardware, or don't; the rest is up to you. But to expect any software company to make modern software backward compatible for (how long?) will never happen.

You can still subscribe and no longer update any Adobe product that can't run on your older hardware/OS.

If you will need to roll back to a previous version too, use the CC application, click on the three dots (...) and select “Other Versions”. Then disable the Auto Update option in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines