• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24 won't open ANY files created in 2020-won't open PNG, JPG, PDF, TIFF, PSD files (on Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!  Photoshop won't open any of my files that were created/saved in 2020 on my Mac. I've tried JPG, PNG, PSD, PDF, TIFF images. Nothing will open with the latest Adobe upgrades. This is severly affecting my business and I have too many files for me to address individually. Is Adobe aware of this issue?

JPG message:  "Could not open because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (tile may be truncated or incomplete)"

PNG message:   "Not a PNG file"

TIFF message:  "Not a TIFF file"

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Were these files created on a different computer and moved to the new M1? It really looks like the files were damaged by disk failure or during transfer (between computers or over a network).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you zip and upload one of the problematic JPEGs to something like Dropbox or similar? 

The other thing you can check on your end first: 

In System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura), >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, add it and try again.

This explains how to do the same process in Lightroom; just pick Photoshop instead:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I'm currently running Monterey on the M2 Macbook Pro. I see the Ventura upgrade.

Here's one of the files I'm experiencing the issue with:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sv96h0jddryblw/BombshellStamps.com-DS2302.lovenluck.png?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like these files are damaged. No application can open them. It looks like a failing hardware issue (harddisk or connection)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me open files created as new as 2021, in Photoshop format. All this due to the most recent upgrade. Did not have this issue before. I'm a graphic designer and have customers needing art with changes I now cannot access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were these files created on a different computer and moved to the new M1? It really looks like the files were damaged by disk failure or during transfer (between computers or over a network).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. I can't believe I didn't realize that. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I traced it back to a faulty flash drive that had transfered tons of old files. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines